Friday, March 31, 2017

WWE Hall of Fame 2017




   It's finally here. Wrestlemania weekend. A very exciting time. To start off Wrestlemania weekend, I thought I would give my thoughts on the class of 2017 for the Hall of Fame tonight. I also want to share my favorite Hall of Fame moment.

To start off, I want to talk about the biggest surprise going into the Hall of Fame. Kurt Angle. Kurt Angle is a gold medalist who had a very successful WWE career, but stepped away from the company for 11 years. No one knew what happened, or if he was coming back. (If you want to know why he stepped away, and you have the WWE Network, then check out his interview with Corey Graves.) Anyway, when they were going to announce the first inductee into the Hall of Fame, Kurt Angle was the last person I expected. I just didn't know if he was going to do anything with WWE anymore, because he was in TNA.
But, I'm glad he's going into the Hall of Fame. It's very well deserved.

The next inductee I got excited for was DDP. This is a man who I respect a lot, not just for wrestling but also because of the type of human being he is. DDP saved Jake the Snake and Scott Hall from dying, and helped put them into shape. (Check out the Resurrection of Jake the Snake. Warning: it will make you laugh, cry, yell, and cry some more. But it's a good documentary.) So also well deserved. Another surprise is the fact that Eric Bischoff is inducting him. Yes, you read that correctly. Could this mean Bischoff might do something with WWE? Maybe even be the new RAW GM? Who knows. Guess we'll wait and see. But I'm excited nonetheless.

The other inductees include:
Beth Phoenix
Teddy Long
The Rock N Roll Express
Rick Rude
Erie LeGrand (For the warrior award)

Now to end this, I am going to share my favorite moment from the Hall of Fame. Mick Foley was inducted in the class of 2013. In his speech, he talked about how he never beat Chris Jericho. So during his speech, Jericho(who was in the front row) got up on the stage and lied down. So Foley dropped an elbow on Jericho, and then CM Punk goes on stage and counts 1,2,3. It was a great moment.
Here's the link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqQDueIkfDc

Hope you guys enjoyed this, and I hope you enjoy the Hall of Fame on the WWE Network. If you do miss it, USA will be showing a 1 hr version after Raw.
Thanks for reading guys.

No comments: