Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Wrestlemania 33 weekend thoughts





   So Wrestlemania 33 weekend is over. I've got quite a few things to say.
First off; the Hall of Fame was pretty good. I really enjoyed the speeches by DDP and Beth Phoenix. They both really inspired me that night, and gave me the motivation I needed. All the speeches were pretty good, but those two affected me the most.
Second; NXT Takeover Orlando was really good. If you didn't get a chance to check it out, then head over to the network and watch it when you get the chance. The one thing I love about NXT is even if you don't like the wrestlers that are in the match, you end up watching it anyway because everyone on that roster is really talented and can put on some great matches.The match I really enjoyed was the tag team championship match.

Speaking of tag team championship matches. The one at Wrestlemania 33 was amazing! Only because of two words, Hardy Boyz. Yep, the Hardy Boyz are back. I was as shocked as everyone else. I also got really excited. I love the Hardy Boyz in ladder matches. Their ladder matches with Edge and Christian and the Dudley Boyz back in the day were awesome. Anyway, the Hardys are back and they won the tag team championships. This ought to help shape the tag team division, which was must needed.
Also, The Revival from NXT made their debut on Raw last night. So them plus the Hardys should really help this division out, and give us some really good matches.

The biggest thing I want to talk about is the ending to Wrestlemania 33. Literally, the saddest moment in Wrestlemania history for me. If you don't know, The Undertaker retired. Also, he had his last match that night; losing to Roman Reigns. Yeah. Screw you, Vince. What the heck do you see in this pathetic, poor excuse of a wrestler? He is literally the most talentless, hated wrestler in this era. I would rather root for John Cena, and that's saying something, because I don't like Cena.
Anyway, The Undertaker had to retire because he needs a hip replacement. I knew he was going to have to retire soon, being 52 and all, but I was not looking forward to it. I still feel like a part of me is missing. He was my childhood because he was the first wrestler I was introduced to. I loved his matches, his mind games, his storylines(especially the one with Kane), and of course his iconic entrance. So thank you Taker, for everything. Wrestlemania won't be the same without you.
Hopefully he goes into the Hall of Fame next year.

The last thing I want to mention, is what was announced by Vince McMahon on the Raw after Wrestlemania last night. He said that next week there is going to be a superstar shakeup. So here we go again. It sucks because the Hardy Boyz, Finn Balor, and The Revival just showed up on Raw, and could get moved to Smackdown.I really wish they would just rejoin the two brands. It's not doing any good. It sure didn't the first time, and the same goes for this time too.
The one good thing about Raw was that the new GM is Kurt Angle.  He has decided to be the goofy GM. Hopefully this doesn't change, because right now he's our only hope.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my thoughts on Wrestlemania weekend. Sorry it was a day late, I was busy setting up my new blog. Plus, I decided I wanted to include Raw from last night in this post. You can follow me on Twitter @MJWesney. Also, if you like dark stories and poetry, you can check out my other blog, here: https://darkpoetrycom.wordpress.com/
Thanks for reading guys.

No comments: