Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Sick Speed




           So my recommendation for today is a band called Sick Speed. Now unless you a die hard Rich Ward fan, you're probably thinking, what the heck is Sick Speed? So let me help you.

Sick Speed was a metal band formed in 1998 by Rich Ward. The band was made of Stuck Mojo members, and guys who would eventually be in Fozzy. They released a couple demos, but didn't release an album until 2002. The album is called "The Way I Am". Now if you are a Fozzy fan, you might recognize the title The Way I Am. That's because it's a Fozzy song, but was originally a Sick Speed song. A couple songs on this album were re-recorded for Fozzy's third album "All that Remains".Also, a couple of songs on here were re-recorded for Rich's solo album "My Kung Fu is Good".
Now the band wasn't around for very long. I think they were only around for a couple years, and they weren't very well known.  People today still don't know about them. Which is why I'm recommending this band. Not for popularity, but for sharing their music. Cause Sick Speed is good, and I want to share this for those of you who may want to listen to something new.
So if you want to check out Sick Speed; their album "The Way I Am", is on YouTube. I'm not sure if any website carries the CD. I've checked Amazon and didn't find it. I'm not sure if it's on iTunes. If you have a Twitter, I would recommend asking Rich @thedukeofmetal. I might ask him myself, and if he answers then I'll edit this and put it on here.
But definitely check it out on YouTube. It's worth the listen. It has a lot of good tunes that you'll enjoy so much, you might listen to them on repeat and sing them to yourself all day cause it's stuck in your head. But that's just the great thing about music.

I hope you guys enjoy this recommendation. I will be doing more. There are so many great bands out there that people don't know about, and I want to share them with you. So look for more recommendations in the future, if you are interested.
Thanks for reading. Be forever metal.

No comments: