Thursday, March 9, 2017

Megadeth

                                                 Megadeth Recommendations


            I know that Megadeth is a very well known metal band, but I've noticed that there are some people who are just discovering Megadeth for the first time. As a Megadeth fan, I would be more than happy to not only welcome the new droogies (what Dave Mustaine calls his fans), but to also give recommendations on where to start. So for those of you who are new, this is for you.

So first off, I would recommend checking out their latest album "Dystopia". It was released last year and is now 1 year old, but is still an instant classic. It's a thrashy album that represents what Megadeth is all about. "Dystopia" is about a post american world, so what America might possibly be in the future. Hence the name "Dystopia". But the name isn't the thing that makes this album great. It's the collaboration and chemistry that this line up has. The line up for this album consisted of Megadeth founders Dave Mustaine and David Ellefson, along with new member Kiko Loureiro, and Lamb of God drummer Chris Adler. Honestly, this line up reminded me a lot of Megadeth's line up from the 90's. This album also reminds me of a mix between "Rust in Peace" and "Countdown to Extinction", which were their first two 90's albums.

My next recommendation is "Rust in Peace." This album started the 90's period, which in my opinion, is Megadeth's best period. This is the first album with the line up consisting of Dave Mustaine, David Ellefson, Marty Friedman, and Nick Menza. This line up is my favorite because the music they created was just thrashy and amazing.

Third recommendation would be "Youthanasia". This is my all time favorite Megadeth album. Not a lot of people like it because it's not as thrashy as "Rust in Peace" or any of the other Megadeth albums, but I think it's really good. It has a lot of catchy tunes like "Blood of Heroes", and a favorite among Megadeth fans, "A Tout le Monde".

Here is a list of Megadeth's albums in order. Consider it a checklist for you:

"Killing is my business...and business is good"
"Peace sells, but who's buying?"
"So far, so good...so what!"
"Rust in Peace"
"Countdown to Extinction"
"Youthanasia"
"Cryptic Writings"
"Risk"
"The World Needs a Hero"
"The System has Failed"
"United Abominations"
"Endgame"
"Thirteen"
"Super Collider"
"Dystopia"

I hope this helps those of you who are new to Megadeth. I also hope you enjoy their music. Also, welcome to the party fellow droogie.
You can follow Megadeth on Twitter @Megadeth. Also here are the account names of the members: @DaveMustaine, @ellefsondavid, @KikoLoureiro, @Verbeurendirk.
Thanks for reading guys. Be forever metal.

No comments: