Monday, February 27, 2017

Lord Nelson interview

                                                Lord Nelson interview





I had the honor of getting to interview one of Stuck Mojo's front men, Lord Nelson. Enjoy.



So first off, were you in any bands before Stuck Mojo? Maybe just like a brief history of what you did before being in Stuck Mojo.


"Before being in Stuck Mojo I did some Local solo rap music then I linked up with some friends and formed a local group named FIRST PLATOON!  I

Actually saw BONZ at a Mojo show during Pigwalk and fell in love with what they were doing.  BONZ and I have been friends since middle school.  BONZ introduced me to Mojo and thanks to him I was able to join and record two studio albums with them."

Cool. I was actually going to ask how you got into Stuck Mojo, but that answered it also. So my next question is, were you just supposed to do those two albums? Or were planning on doing more with the Stuck Mojo?

"I was just filling in for BONZ.  Stuck Mojo will always be Bonz, Rich, Corey and Frank.  My time as the frontman was magical and has helped me continue my career.  I'm thankful for my opportunity."

So now I want to get your thoughts on Robby J. I've heard a lot of negative feedback of him being in the band. Do you think he will help carry the Stuck Mojo legacy?

"Well I believe he is super talented and I can see the direction Mojo is going in.  No one will ever replace Bonz's greatness.  His legacy is stamped and branded in the hearts and minds of Mojo fans forever and I understood that from the start.  I hope Robby goes out there and gives them Robby and Robby only like I gave them Lord Nelson.  He just has to do him and let the chips fall where they may."

I agree about him being super talented. I actually did an interview with him and could see the passion he has, so I'll think he'll do well. Final question: do you have any projects that you're working on and would like to talk about?


"Right now I'm fronting the band No Power No Crown.  http://NOPOWERNOCROWN.COM 
We released an album The Wake Up Call and have been performing regionally.  I also had a solo album Fight!  My Struggle Between Heaven And Hell!  Lord Nelson Featuring Lies released back in 2012.  You can check it out at http://Lordnelsonnation.bandcamp.com 

I've also started and independent label 5 ROYALS ENT.  With my first artist Rapper J SPALDING.  I'm staying busy."  

Check out these videos

https://youtu.be/KNRZgLzvurs 

https://youtu.be/2t_wRXzjb98 


http://JSPALDINGOFFICIAL.COM 

Big thanks to Lord Nelson for taking the time to do this interview. You can follow him on Twitter @LordNNation. Also, if you are interested in his projects, then go check them out using these links.
You can follow me on Twitter @MJWesney. I would love to hear your thoughts on this interview and my blog.
Thanks for reading. Be forever metal.

No comments: