Sunday, October 25, 2020

Band Recommendation- Johnnie Guilbert and Til death do we part

 


     Hello everyone. I hope you are all doing well and staying safe. I'm trying to get back into a good schedule for posts. Been a little hectic during the week, so I'm going to shoot for weekends. 


  Anyway, today I wanted to talk about a musician I've recently discovered. His name is Johnnie Guilbert. He does solo music and also has a band called 'Til death do we part'. Johnnie started off his career as a YouTuber, at the age of 16, and became known for talking about his history with mental health, mostly depression. It really connected with people, and from then on he formed a fan base. In his videos he also discussed his love for music, how it helped him cope, and how he wanted to do it. 

 

All that struggle and hardship has led him to do what he loves, which is write and release music. I thought this would be an appropriate time to share what he does, cause his music hits deep and really helps to cope with what we're dealing with. Everyone is feeling down right now, due to the world, but Johnnie wants us to know we are not alone. He still struggles as well, but thankfully music helps us stay connected and fight everything together.

He mentioned he is working on an album and will release it towards the end of this year, and I'm very excited. As far as music to check out, my two fave songs from his solo work are 'Afraid' and 'Welcome to hell'. 'Afraid' makes me think about how scary we may feel to others, especially when depressed. He mentions not being able to escape a curse which I take as suicidal thoughts, but all he wants is for someone to love him. 'Welcome to hell' is about his struggle with religion. He grew up with it but had many doubts about if god was even real.

'Til death do we part' is harder to find out about, because all that comes up is the expression "till death do us part". They don't have very many songs but I recommend 'She makes sense' and 'Regret me not'.

I hope you guys check him out. He's a really genuine guy making music and raising awareness towards mental illness which I think is just super important. Thank you for reading this post. You can follow Johnnie on Twitter @JohnnieGuilbert. You can also follow 'Til death do we part' @tddwpmusic, and can follow the other half of the band Jake Bateman @jakexbateman. I will discuss his music in another post. 

Have a great day and stay safe.

No comments: