Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Band Recommendation- Attn Deficit Squirrel





    Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well as we continue to stay strong and get through this crazy time. If you're like me and are taking this time to expand on your music a bit, then I have an awesome recommendation for you. There's a new upcoming band from Cincinnati, Ohio, and they're called Attn Deficit Squirrel. They have a self titled EP coming out today, and I highly recommend checking it out after reading this review.
   

      I am a huge fan of what they've done so far. The EP consists of four amazing songs that I think will help you stay in a good mood during this depressing time. Their music is pop/punk and has the sound of great classic pop/punk bands such as Green Day, Jimmy eats world, etc.
   I'm going to share my review of each song. They are my first impressions of the vibe from each song along with my thoughts on the instrumental, vocals, and lyrics. Hope you enjoy.


Fine by me- So right off the bat, this song gives me some 90's Green Day vibes. It's got a nice, old school punk vibe. I love the upbeat instrumental, and the vocals are great.

Inside- I love how this song is upbeat while also having a nice gentle tone to it as well. It's a nice blend that is very enjoyable. Still get the old school punk vibes, which is a nice change of pace. I don't see that much in newer bands.

Slowing down- Love the little techy intro, thought it was a nice introduction. Still keeps the punk vibe, while also being catchy and pleasant. I really love the lyrics as well. I feel that they are relatable, and just bring an overall great message,

Time is on my side- This is my favorite. I love the attention to the guitar, especially in the intro. It has a nice, gentle intro. Not quite as punky as the others, but it's still upbeat enough to fit along with the others and is still a great listen.

I really hope you all give these guys a try. Their front man Scottie told me it was all DIY which I find very impressive. As I mentioned, their self titled EP is out today. You can find it on Spotify, Itunes, and Amazon music. You can follow them on twitter @ADSquirrel for all future updates. I do plan on interviewing the band here soon, so look for that as well. For any updates on the interview and future posts, you can follow me on twitter @fozzydeth.
 
Let me know what you guys thought. Would love to hear your opinions on their music, and I'm sure they would as well. You can let them know on twitter. You can also let me know on twitter or leave a comment down below. Thank you all so much for reading. Stay safe and I'll see you all in the next post.

No comments: