Monday, November 18, 2019

Rock bands don't believe in farewell tours



        It seems the current trend these days are "farewell tours". I put it in quotation marks because they usually last for a number of years, before the band reunites for another one of these said tours. This tends to result in large amounts of money, causing the bands to do whatever it takes to make the tour happen.
    Now I'm sure you've all heard that Motley Crue is reuniting next year to perform with Poison and Def Leppard. Two things: One, I find it interesting that Motley Crue is coming back. In a 2014 interview, bassist Nikki Sixx said, "There is no amount of money that would even make me do it again because I have such pride in how we're ending it". So my question is, just how much are they getting paid for this? From what I've heard, it's a couple dates for a festival. That's gotta be one expensive gig.
    Second, are we not gonna address that AC/DC is rumored to be the fourth band in the line up? With the 'Back in Black' lineup nonetheless. I've read that Brian Johnson has high demands in his contract, and rightfully so, but the possibility itself is huge. Not much else to say on that topic. Guess we'll wait and see what happens.


    I will keep you all updated more on this as it's released. Expect more posts this week, got some interesting topics I'm excited to share.
But definitely an intriguing week with all this news. Leave a comment or let me know what you think. You can hit me up on twitter @fozzydeth. You can also follow me there for future updates.

Thank you so much for reading.

No comments: